A site visitors alert for drivers selecting up or dropping off travellers at Charlotte Douglas Intercontinental Airport:
The upper-amount roadway at the airport is about to near quickly for two months so crews can commence construction of an architecturally breathtaking roadway canopy which is section of a 5-calendar year, $608 million terminal growth.
The roadway is scheduled to shut at 10 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 27, and reopen at 4 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 12, airport officers mentioned Thursday.
Permit a lot more time to drop off and select up travellers, officials urged.
Drivers should count on to see protection fencing and symptoms directing them to the lower level for arrivals and departures, the airport posted on CLTAirport.com. Extra workforce will aid drivers curbside the 1st week, officials claimed.
The 146,000-sq.-foot cover undertaking will choose two decades, officials explained.
Crews will take out the blue cover and swap it with the new style in excess of the departures/ticketing roadway, in accordance to the airport.
In the course of the two months:
▪ All website traffic will be directed to the arrivals/baggage claim decreased stage for drop-offs and pickups.
▪ All curbside airline ticket counters/check out-in will close, and passengers will have to test in at their airline’s ticket counter in the foyer.
▪ Door 2 and the Heart Doorway on the departures/ticketing higher stage will keep open up for emergency exits only.
▪ Doorway 5 on departures/ticketing will remain open as an unexpected emergency exit and to get to the departures/ticketing smoking cigarettes place. The using tobacco location will transfer to the east conclude of departures/ticketing.
▪ The Day-to-day North parking ton will become a temporary cellphone good deal to help with the anticipated targeted visitors mess, whilst the existing cellphone large amount will shut.
▪ The Specific Deck shuttle bus will decide up and drop off on the arrivals/baggage declare stage, in the Zone 2 bus lane.
▪ Curbside Valet examine-in has moved to the initial amount of the hourly deck.
▪ Exclusive aid zones are in Zone 2 of the general public car lanes and include an attendant, additional seating and specific support signage.
The terminal enlargement task that began in 2019 will include about 175,000 sq. toes to the terminal lobby and renovate yet another 191,000 sq. toes, Jack Christine, airport chief running officer beforehand told The Charlotte Observer.
Only the west side terminal enlargement will open for now, incorporating 90,000 sq. toes, Christine reported.
On Thursday, officers stated metal get the job done continues on the terminal foyer expansion’s east aspect, which should wrap up by the conclusion of 2023. Renovations of the departures/ticketing and arrivals/baggage declare parts started in August.
When complete in 2025, the expanded lobby will have modern ticket counters, 8 original artworks, charging stations, a few significant stability checkpoints and 5 pre-stability concession areas, according to the airport.
This story was originally revealed September 22, 2022 2:16 PM.